Saturday, November 3, 2012
Prana Stretch Zion Pants
My take:
These here are the ultimate travel pants! I've always wanted a pant that can hold up comfortably to extreme hiking or climbing but look like a trouser for a night at the pubs. Now I've found them. The fit is great, with multiple lengths and sizes. I love that they're made of stretch fabric so they never bind when rock climbing or hiking, and I can't appreciate enough that they look stylish enough that you don't feel the need to tote a pair of jeans for urban exploration. One pair of these comes with me on every trip!
Rating: 5 peaks bagged
Longevity reports:
I've had one pair for 6 years now and they are still performing just like new. I've done almost everything in these pants from rock climbing to hiking to snow training. I now have 3 pair just for variety of color!
A little tale of survival:
In 2011, I spent a month in Peru climbing in the Cordilla Blanca and exploring the northern part of the country. Doing small, non-guided expeditions on big peaks requires you to bring a lot of gear with little room for personal wardrobe. I decided that I would only take these pants and a pair of hiking shorts. I was not disappointed! I wore them everywhere around that country from hiking to urban exploration to music festivals: everywhere just shy of on the mountains, themselves. They took a serious beating and are still asking for more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment