Saturday, November 3, 2012
Arcteryx Alpha SL Pullover
My take:
This is the ultimate piece for the adventure seeker. It's strong enough to take a bit of a beating, and it'll keep you bone dry! Plus, it weighs nothing for Gore-Tex piece of mind when you're a ways from home. I can pack it down into its little kangaroo pocket and drop it in the top of my pack for easy access. It takes a little time to get used to the pullover style, but I appreciate it now. This is my take anywhere jacket, just shy of winter expeditions.
Rating: 5 peaks bagged
A little tale of survival:
I had had my eye on this piece for quite a while. I finally pulled the cash and ordered it just before my trip to Iceland. I could pick it up in Colorado along the way and give it a true test during my trip.
Well, a true test it got! People in Iceland always say, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." There is a lot of truth to this statement. Spending a week in the grasp of Skaftafell National Park, I endured such an assortment of weather from windy glaciers to torrential downpours that this little gem of protection got the opportunity to slip the muscle shirt on and flex for the ladies. Needless to say, I was happy with my purchase!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment